Planning a drive through the Foothills countryside? Would you like to include some art stops along the way? There are many artists and marketplaces to stop by at in the country in Millarville, Turner Valley, and Black Diamond. The next time you take a drive in the country, visit these artisans and marketplaces:
– Millarville Farmer’s Market ( www.millarvilleracetrack.com/farmers-market), held every Saturday from June 3 to October 11 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– Marryanne’s Eden ( www.maryanneseden.com), an art gallery located in Black Diamond.
– Bluerock Gallery ( www.bluerockgallery.ca), a store and art gallery in Black Diamond.
– Firebrand Glass Studio ( www.firebrandglass.ca) in Black Diamond.
– Boot Hill Gallery & Gift Shop ( www.berniebrown.com/boothill_gallery)in Okotoks.
– Beneath the Arch ( www.beneaththearch.ca) in Turner Valley
– Diamond Willow Artisan Retreat ( www.diamondwillowartisanretreat.com) near Turner Valley.
The above list features many different artists, musicians, shops, galleries, and marketplaces to visit and see the various art creations of many artists. Make your next country drive an “Art in the Heart of the Foothills Country” experience!